well how about a little recap of our summer fun so far?
1. we started summer off with a trip to codorus state park pool on memorial day. we used to go every summer when i was a little girl. it recently got a makeover and we decided to check it out. well worth the 20 minute drive.
2. strawberries, sweet strawberries. my mom, sister, my nephew luke, and i went strawberry picking at a local farm and made enough jam to last the year. the weather was perfect and the strawberries juicy and ripe.
3. emerson had a mommy/daddy date day and saw his first movie in the theatre. madagascar 3. he did so well. sat still thru the entire movie while eating gummy bears and popcorn. we let him play a few games in the arcade and he won the cheapest dinosaur toy they had, but was so excited. he told his sister that his was "his day" and he had so much fun. he has such a grateful, sweet soul.
4. in less than 2 months, my youngest sister bethany is getting married! this past saturday we had her bridal shower and it was so much fun. the weather was just incredible (thank the lord because the week before had been in the high 90s.) we had amazing food, fun games, and she was showered with lots of love and gifts. lots of gifts.
5. hmm...what else? oh just this little ditty - we are selling our home. it has been on the market for about a month now and we just received our first offer. i'm not confident that this will go thru, but God is good and we trust that the right person will fall in love with our home and buy it. we are looking for a new home, with more space for our growing family. pray that all goes well and as easy as selling and buying and moving a family of 5 can go!
i think that's the newest happenings in our world. maybe this is me coming back to regular blogging. maybe. i will not make any promises. the love for my blogging hobby is slowly reemerging, while my love for my friends met along the way has never faltered.
happy end of june friends!